- November 16, 2018
- Posted by: Support Team
- Category: Blog
What Does a Website Layout Mean?
A website layout is a pattern or framework that defines a website’s structure. It has the role of structuring the information present on a site both for the website’s owner and for users. It provides clear paths for navigation within web pages and puts the most important elements of a website front and center.
Responsive Web design? https://webhostingkings.com/web-design-in-Kenya.php
Responsive Web Design (RWD) – is the approach that suggests that design and development should respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. makes web pages render well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes. Recent work also considers the viewer proximity as part of the viewing context as an extension for RWD. Content, design and performance are necessary across all devices to ensure usability and satisfaction. A site designed with RWD adapts the layout to the viewing environment by using fluid, proportion-based grids flexible images andan intelligent use of CSS media anan extension of the media rule
Why Do People Visit Website?
In most cases, the primary reason behind each visit is content. Content is of paramount importance and every designer wants to present it in the most useful and intuitive way. It’s not surprising, then, that selecting a layout for your content is one of the first things designers do when they start a new project.
Many designers believe the layout for each website they work on should be completely unique to satisfy the goals of the project, this is far from the truth. If you visit popular websites, you’ll notice that many of them use similar layouts.https://webhostingkings.com/web-design-in-Kenya.php
Significant Advantages of Website
While each project is unique and requires an individual approach, it’s helpful to be familiar with common layouts.https://www.learnafrica.co.ke/management-consultants-kenya/#1530197661868-3e898d09-acc4
- They are usable – Common layouts have become so common because they have proven that users can work with them.
- They are familiar – A good user experience is created by building a sense of familiarity with users. Visitors feel a pleasurable sense when they see familiar features laid out as they would expect. As a result, people will spend time digesting the content rather than focusing on the page’s unique design.
- They save money – Reusing existing layouts is a time saver. Designers will spend less time experimenting with the layout and will focus more on visual hierarchy and other aspects of design that have a direct impact on user experience.
Why Should One Choose one Layout Over Another?
- A good layout keeps users on the site because it makes important information easily accessible and easy to find. A bad layout frustrates users which then quickly leave the site because they can’t find what they are looking for. For this reason it’s best to take as long as you need to find a good layout, because users won’t give you more than a few seconds of their time.
- There is a strong relationship between the layout an the engagement of users with the website. It determines how long they dwell on the website pages, how many pages they browse and how often they come back to the website. So, besides overcoming the problem of split-second choice, a good layout comes with additional benefits. Engaging visitors can be a rewarding effort.
- When selecting a layout, it might be useful to also consider the law of closure by Gestalt. that states that if there is a break in the object, the human mind perceive the object as continuing in a smooth pattern and the human eye tends to fill in the visual gaps and recognize the image as a whole.
- You won’t pay attention to details, rather focusing on the global view of the pages forming the website; users will find themselves the meaning path.
- You pay attention to details, using some additional seconds to grow the engagement exponentially.
- You intentionally won’t pay attention to details, letting originality speak for itself; users will find themselves the meaning path, and they will keep a strong memory of your website.